Credit Union AVP of Accounting
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Credit union client is seeking an AVP of Accounting. Can be a direct hire or contract-to-hire opportunity depending on the candidate. Ideal candidate will be a professional and detailed individual that will help manage the day to day accounting activities for the credit union. This person will be responsible for general ledger reconciliations, month end reporting, preparation of documentation for various audits and examinations. This individual will also supervise accounting staff.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
- Training and work experience in accounting requirements of federally chartered credit unions.
- Education in accounting and finance.
- Must be functional with spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Must have leadership and supervisory skills.
- Equivalent to college degree (BS or BA in relevant field).
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements to this job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for the purpose of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
- Prepares and oversees preparation of all financial, statistical, and accounting records of the credit union. Prepare various account analysis reports for Board and Senior Management Team.
- Oversees daily operations of the department. Ensures that general ledger accounts are reconciled daily. Assists in solving accounting related discrepancies.
- Manages various projects. Responsible for assembling documents for Auditors.
- Trains, schedules, direct and evaluate employee performance and administer evaluations for team and makes recommendations.
- Oversees quarterly Call Report, weekly 2900 report, and Annual Unclaimed Property reports. Process quarterly statement reconciliation, quarterly charge off analysis, and daily Federal Reserve account reconciliation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ensure department meets all deadlines and credit union s books are always balanced. Tax payments are made timely.
- Maintain a cohesive, highly trained and motivated staff. Observe employee performance and enter into performance tool.
- To oversee posting and balancing of member mortgage payments and SBA and other loans and those payments are posted accurately prior to month end of each month.
- To ensure all regulatory financial filings are made by deadline and to actively manage the credit union s annual budget setting processes.