Bank BSA Analyst
Houston, TX 77027
Banking client near the Galleria is seeking a BSA Analyst to join their team. This is a direct hire opportunity. The BSA Analyst will assist the BSA Department with the BSA/AML related monitoring of the Bank s customers and their transactions via report review, enhanced due diligence review, and data mining using a designated BSA software program, the Bank s core system and other computer applications. Assist in implementing and maintaining the Bank s BSA / Anti-Money Laundering Program in accordance with Bank policies, procedures, and applicable federal regulations.
- Some college education preferred or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of at least three (3) years of banking operations with 1 or more years being in a BSA environment
- Exposure to Bankers Toolbox BAM AML software preferred or other AML Software a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of Bank services and products
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work well independently and with others
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform ongoing monitoring, as required, of all high risk accounts in accordance with the established monitoring schedule.
- Perform independent analysis of cases involving suspicious activity including, but not limited to, structuring, check fraud, wire fraud, kiting and money laundering.
- Manage cases of potentially suspicious activity from the AML monitoring system, including analysis of transaction activity and balances for review.
- Assist BSA Officer in analysis and validation of core application and AML system reports that identify potential suspicious activity including case management.
- Document suspicious activity reviews for presentment to the Suspicious Activity Report Committee, as needed.
- Monitor and track license and registration renewals for Money Service Businesses (MSBs), agent agreements for Non-Banking Financial Institutions, Precious Metal Dealer licenses, as well as other documentation as required by the Bank s CIP Policy and/or State or Federal law.
- Provide recommendations for periodic BSA training to address areas of weakness noted in branch/lending procedures in support of annual BSA program training.
- Stay current with changes in BSA regulations and develop related procedures or revisions to the BSA Program with the BSA Officer.
- Assists in compilation of information for external audits and regulatory examinations.
- Ensures adherence at all times to applicable Bank/departmental procedures and professional standards.
- Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments; proactively seeks relevant education and training opportunities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is expected to be at work, on time, every day scheduled. The bank provides paid time off for employees to accommodate reasonable personal time off requirements. Any absences in excess of those provided that are unexplained or unexcused may result in discipline up to and including termination.
The employee in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 25 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The employee in this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, cellular phone, copy and fax machines, calculator, computer and related printers.